Sunday 8th of March is international women's day, and this year we thought we create nine awesome and feisty women quote to fire you up and for you to share with others.
I love to see women challenge the stereotypes and status quo around women. Badass women who challenge the traditional expectations of women such as Khadijah [RA] the strong, feisty woman who controlled men and women alike and built a business empire; Khawla bint Walid, the badass warrior who fought like Khalid bin Walid, a nurse, a poet and an artist per excellence. Naima Robert, the lady of our time who shows that this day and age, you can soar and break prejudice and bias even in the burqa.
Women, even in the early traditions, were not merely foolish girls or patient mothers. They fought battles and had whole verses dedicated to them.
Of all the nine quotes we chose for this year, the one I like the most is the Laura Thatcher Ulrich quote. This is because yours truly if Khawla bint Al Azhar decided to be "well behaved" to face her nursing duties and not join the ranks of the warriors, and even after joining, didn't charge forward to lead the army she won't make history.
Did I ever mention I love bossy women? Oh yes, reason Amy Poehler's quote is so right on point. I am a boss myself, so would you love to be around me? Meanwhile, we have tried to mix old quotes from the past generations with new quotes from this present generation and probably share one or two you may have never heard before.
Kindly let us know in the comment box which quote you love the most and which resonated with you the most.
Here are the 9 Inspiring Quotes we chose for International Women's Day from Feisty Women:
- "Well behaved women rarely make history." Laura Thatcher Ulrich
- "The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet." Mohadesa Najumi
- "A mother who radiates self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem" Naomi Wolf
- "The most difficult thing is the decision to act; the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do." Amelia Earhart
- "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." Maya Angelou
- "I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody's passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn't mind learning." Amy Poehler
- "What is it about Islam, I thought, that can make a woman so strong that she no longer strives to be noticed by men, no longer needs the admiring gaze to feel attractive, no longer puts herself on display when the rest of the world is doing just that?" Naima Robert
- "Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention." Pink
- "I am enough" Brené Brown
NOTE: Share this post using the share buttons, OR Click on the individual quote images below to see the full-size version, then right-click to save it to your device - and share from there!